GAME HoN! HIGHLY ANTICIPATED HEROES of NEWERTH (HoN) 2.0 LAUNCHES TODAY
New Action-Packed Upgrade Increases Adrenaline Factor for Current Fans, Broadens Appeal to Casual Gamers
(Kalamazoo, MI) - December 13, 2010 - Independent game developer S2 Games announced today that HoN 2.0 - a highly anticipated and upgraded version of the session-based, multiplayer, action-RPG Heroes of Newerth (HoN) - is now available. HoN 2.0 features a more action-packed game style that will enhance the adrenaline factor for hardcore gamers and attract more casual gamers, a growing breed of HoN players. In addition to enhanced visual elements, a new hero, 3V3 map and map editor, and cosmetic items shop, HoN 2.0 easily matches teammates with a new Match Making System. HoN 2.0 also introduces an entirely new game play mode - Casual Mode - that lowers the barrier to entry for new and casual gamers. The HoN 2.0 trailer is available now for linking or embedding.
HoN 2.0 streamlines the game play experience, enabling faster and shorter games - and taking the HoN platform one step further than DotA. HoN, since its launch earlier this year has garnered a dedicated following, with more than 12.3 million downloads, and an average of more than 230,000 players per day. The team-oriented design of HoN, when combined with the HoN 2.0 upgrades, allow for an incredibly deep tactical team-based experience unlike any other.
Newly added features of HoN 2.0 include:
- New Match Making System: This innovative and intuitive feature increases the efficiency of team creation by automatically gathering player statistics and formulating teams, resulting in more fair matches. It eliminates wait time, making it easier for players to play together on a more level playing field.
- Casual Mode: This entirely new mode of play will provide new HoN players and casual gamers with a more "fun," less punishing way to learn and play HoN. Elements in Casual Mode speed up progression and rewards to deliver a version that is ideally suited for new players.
- New 3v3 Map- Grimm's Crossing: A new action-packed and exciting map that includes a two-way teleporter in the middle area, allowing for more innovative fighting strategies.
- Map Editor: Users can now create and edit maps for enhanced single-player experiences, and users who are inspired to create multi-player maps can submit their map designs to the HoN DREAM website for potential inclusion in HoN.
- HoN In-Game Shop: With goblin coin currency, which can be earned or bought, players can purchase in-game brag-worthy cosmetic upgrades such as alternate hero avatars, taunt availability, chat icons and sound packs. The micro-transaction based store, controlled by Merrick the goblin shopkeeper, lets players customize their experience without affecting game play or allowing the purchases to change the level of competition.
In addition, HoN 2.0 game enhancements/additions include:
- Interactive Mini-Map: Fresh enhancements include an interactive mini map that lets players quickly view information about an object by rolling over it with the mouse.
- Context-Sensitive Commands: Communicate with teammates by holding ALT and clicking on an object on the map or in the game-world itself to give commands, such as "attack this Hero," or "defend this tower." This unit-ping feature also draws visuals around the attack or defend targets to improve team coordination when engaging the enemy.
- End-Game Achievements/Rewards: Account experience and goblin coins will be rewarded at the end of each Matchmaking game, creating a whole new layer of depth and motivation. Players may redeem these rewards in the In-Game Shop.
"In developing HoN 2.0, we looked to incorporate the feedback from our loyal and growing player base, while continuing to push the envelope of the game experience," said Marc DeForest, CEO and founder of S2 Games. "With new graphic developments, enhanced features, and infrastructure development, we are confident that existing and new HoN players will get one of the best multiplayer, action-RPG experiences available today."
HoN stands apart from other multiplayer and action-RPG games because of its session-based game approach, combining all the positive elements of an MMO or action-RPG into one single session for a more intense experience.
HoN 2.0 is a free upgrade for all current HoN players. New players can download HoN 2.0 and pay the one-time $30 cost at www.heroesofnewerth.com.